Friday, May 20, 2011

WIP Twilight Angel: Overdue Update!

This is a reposting, to fix the tags at the bottom of the post. After the glitch, they were not restored, and I wanted them to match the series. That way, if you would to see all the posts about Twilight Angel, all you have to do is click the tag at the bottom of any related entry.

If I had left the tags glitched, this post would have disappeared from such a search. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused!

Hello Stitchy Friends!

My sincerest apologies for my lack of activity recently! I haven't been well, and so I just sort of got behind on everything (again). Thanks very much for your patience!

Stitchy-wise, I'm afraid that I don't have much progress to report.

But I do have a little bit of good news!

When I last posted about Twilight Angel, she looked like this:


Since then, I've managed to finish off her blue skirt band:


And, to my delight, have filled in everything on her person!


I'm very pleased with how she has turned out so far :)

The gaps at her wrists and neckline will be filled with a floss and gold metallic mix, and the space on the crown of her head is where her ornate headband will reside. My foe, the French knots, are called for, but I have sneaky secret beady substitution plans!

But by far the best thing is that I can now go on to work on her wings!

And, I am happy to report - especially to Rainy Day Crafter and CrazyStitcher, my cheerleaders in this matter - that I am remaining steadfast, despite the occassional urge to the contrary, in my resistance to completing my half cross-stitches!

I hope all is going well with your stitching, and I greatly look forward to catching up on all the new stitchy blog news in the next few days. Until then, Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Karen said...

You're making excellent progress on Twilight Angel! She'll be done in no time!

Ági said...

This is really beautiful work!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Thanks very much for your kind words :)