Saturday, May 14, 2011

Something Odd Is Going On

Just a quick message to let you know that I'm having trouble with Blogger today.

I've heard it went down yesterday, but this morning when I logged in, my post from Wednesday has its tags all messed up and its comments missing (thank you for the lovely note Karen!), so I really have no idea what's up with that. I'm going to wait a while to see if the issue resolves itself rather than trying to repost and taking the chance of making matters worse.

If anyone has any advice, I would welcome it gladly :)

Here's hoping that things around Bloggerland get back to normal soon!

EDIT: According to the official Blogger blog, Blogger Buzz, some "data corruption" occured during regular maintenance work on Wednesday and they chose to effectively run a systems restore, which means that all posts since very early Wednesday morning were "temporarily removed". Those posts should be restored (like mine), but may not be quite right (like mine), and there is still an issue with the comments. Comments should be restored, according to the blog, "this weekend or sooner", so that explains that! It also explains why some of the comments I left on other sites mysteriously disappeared (I was wondering if I had imagined leaving them, lol).

I had some major blog updates planned, as I was intending to revamp the Free Patterns page and a few other things, but as Blogger is still recovering - and things are going to be wonky for at least today, if not the weekend, by the sounds of it - I'm going to excercise caution and wait this glitch out. If you blog with Blogger, I wish you speedy recovery :)

In light of all this, I think I'm going to put the computer away and sit and stitch. Mr. Sun has not come, as his sullen cousin Mr. Fog has taken up residence, but thankfully it isn't raining (yet). There is light! Grey light, but light nonetheless! *itchy stitchy fingers*

Until this issue resolves itself, Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Blogger has been a bit of a pain the last few days. Fortunately for me, I didn't lose anything from my blog since my last post was awhile ago and I didn't have anything to post since I've been working so much. Hopefully your post comes back!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I had no idea what was going on, lol!

I'm so glad to hear that you didn't lose any content! I'm sorry to hear that you're so busy with work lately, but hopefully you'll soon get some stitchy time :)

Thanks very much for the good thoughts!